Today our team separated. Judson and I are now in Yokohama, while the rest of the team is doing a week of ministry at Hoshida chapel. It's really exciting to be here- we're really close to Tokyo, so tomorrow we'll get to go sightseeing in the big city! We'll be here until next Wednesday, and our week is made up of various English lunch parties and Kid's camps where we'll help them with English classes. We're all a little worn out from our long day of travelling, but it's great to be here.
Yesterday we spent the day at Hirano Christian church. The day started with a kid's summer festival, with lots of songs and games! We performed one of our drimes, and then the all the kids went downstairs to participate in a carnival-type activity where they went from station to station and played different games. I think all the team had a great time just playing with the kids-they're all so adorable even though we can't understand a word they say! For supper the pastor took us out to another sushi bar...I'm honestly not the biggest fan of sushi, but what I had was good :) Next the evening program began around 7:30 and it was an adult english class. We played a few introduction games and sang some worship songs and did a drime. After some snacks, we had to say goodbye. It was hard to do that, even though we had only been there a few hours.
After only being here a little less than two weeks, I think we're all falling in love with Japan!
No comments:
Post a Comment